Friday, September 13, 2013

Friends

There are so many different types of friends that it's hard to group them into this general thing we call friendship. I want to share with you my thoughts about some of the different friendships in my life and why I am thankful for them. 

My Husband-This one is first because this is the friendship that is the most important.  I am thankful that he is mine and he knows me like no other. He encourages me to grow and become a better version of myself.  I am so thankful that he values me and our relationship above all others.  He is my best friend and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My Best Girlfriends-These ladies are awesome. They are the people in my life that I spend time with on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.  I am thankful that we are able to bounce ideas off of each other and learn from one another's mistakes. I am thankful for the play dates with our kiddos, the bbq's with our whole families, and the ladies nights with just us.  It's with these ladies that I am truly in my own skin.  I don't worry about how clean my house is or if Z is having an off day.  I am thankful that these ladies can make me laugh, or let me cry.

My Mentors-These are friendships that I value greatly.  They are people that I can learn from.  They are friends that will challenge me to get outside of myself and grow.  I am thankful that they hold me accountable and push me to want more for myself. I am thankful that they make me evaluate what is important to me and what I am passionate about.  They have taught me to dig deeper into my relationship with God, and to live a life that will leave a legacy.

My Fellow USMC Spouses-These ladies take the cake.  I am thankful that it doesn't matter if we just met or have known each other for years.  They get it.  I am so thankful for the support that is offered with this unique group of friends.  Long explanations are never required but these friends are always there. I am thankful for pizza night when our husbands are in the field and babysitting night when he's not. 

My Acquaintances-It is this group of friends that reminds me how important it is to live a life I'm proud of.  I'm thankful that they are my constant reminder to let Christ's love show through my actions.  If they only see me for a few minutes I don't want them to see me loosing my temper, being disrespectful to others, or complaining about whatever situation I may be in.  I am thankful that my acquaintances make me watch what I say and the attitude with which I say it.

So you see, these are just some of the different friendships in my life.  Our friends are people just like us.  They need to know that they are important and that we appreciate the role that they play in our lives.What friendships are you thankful for today? Have you told that person? 

A friend's worth cannot be measured with dollar signs but with the words that are spoken of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment