Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas

I love Christmas time. This year as Christmas is fast approaching I have had a blast preparing for it.  My house is decked out with lights both inside and out, I have baked more Christmas goodies than ever before, I have been out shopping with Zoe, I have spent time with my family and am looking forward to spending time with Jake's family. 

For me one of my favorite parts about Christmas this year is seeing it through my daughters eyes.  Everything is so simple and pure for her.  Take a look with me as I look at Christmas through Zoe's eyes.

The Decorations~A pretty tree has appeared in my living room and it has little bells on the bottom just for me to ring.  I even have a special pink tree with lights in my bedroom I can plug in all by myself.  Every evening when we walk down to the mailbox I get to look at all the other pretty twinkle lights on our street.  My favorite part is the giant snowman at our neighbor's house.  I love to look at it and tell Mom and Dad all about it.  I also like to point out all the big bows and pretty stars that are hanging up all over town.  There are so many shiny things that sparkle and catch my eye.

The Food~My mom always bakes cookies with me but we have been making lots of new yummy stuff.  My favorite part is after I help Mom stir when she lets me lick the spoon.  I really like the chocolate stuff.  Sometimes my hands get messy but I just lick them clean too.  I don't like the way Mommy made the crackers taste funny though so she gives me the plain yellow crackers I like instead.

The Shopping~Mommy and I have been to lots of stores lately.  I like it when I can walk and don't have to sit in the shopping cart.  Mommy and I have a deal that I can walk as long as I don't touch things and I have to hold her hand when she says to. (Like if there are a lot of people or if we are in the parking lots where the cars are driving.) I got to help Mommy pick out presents for Daddy and me.  One time Daddy even came shopping with us and I got to run around the store hiding from him while Mommy shopped.  That was really fun and he even bought me a bouncy ball.  Most of all I like the red cans and the ringing bell outside the store especially when I drop money in the can and the man with the bell lets me ring it too.

The Family~Nana and Papa flew on an airplane to come see me and we had so much fun.  I really liked it when Papa played with me.  We played with my music toys, and with my kitchen toys, but my favorite is playing with my new Kitty that Papa gave me.  I liked it when Papa and Daddy hold my hands to walk so I can swing between them.  I also liked Nana because she sat next to me in the car and played with me.  Nana is really good at talking to me and reading me stories.  Pretty soon Granny and Poppy are going to come to our house too.  It is so fun to have Nana and Papa and Granny and Poppy to play with.

For Zoe Christmas is a magical time.  She doesn't care if Christmas has been commercialized or if Santa is coming to her house.  She doesn't care if the traffic is bad and stores are busy or if someone says Happy Holiday instead of Merry Christmas. I am so blessed to be able to spend this Christmas looking through the eyes of my daughter and to see what a magical time it is.   My heart is full and Christmas day isn't even here yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment